- FSWM Coalition Press Release: Plan For Revitalized Southwest Museum To Anchor Cultural-Economic Development
Plan Challenges Autry’s Agenda of Neglect for the City’s First Museum
- Los Angeles Times Editorial: Revive the Southwest Museum
Since its merger with the Autry, it’s mostly been closed. Why not at least try to make it work?
- American Archaeology: A Colossal Conservation Project
The merger between The Autry and the Southwest Museums has resulted in what could be the country’s biggest conservation and rehousing effort
- Los Angeles Times: Los Angeles’ Southwest Museum is an artifact worth saving
Closed since 2006, its world-class collection of Native American art lies mostly in storage.
- EGPNEWS.com: Galco’s to Hold Benefit for Friends of the SW Museum
Exotic and popular sodas, music and more at tasting event to be held on Sunday.
- Los Angeles Times: Autry center could lose grant over Southwest Museum
The Autry says a dispute needs to be settled in its favor by July 12, or it risks losing $6.6 million.
- The Arroyo Seco Journal: Autry/Southwest at Arts, Parks, Health and Aging
City Council Arts, Parks, Health and Aging Committee meeting outcome
- NELA Lives: The Southwest Museum and the Autry – Interregnum
Opinion piece on the City Council Arts, Parks, Health and Aging Committee meeting
- Highland Park-Mount Washington Patch: Next Step in Autry Expansion Approval Process Still Uncertain
The Arts, Parks, Health and Aging committee took public comment on the Autry’s expansion proposal for nearly two hours this morning.
- EGPNEWS.com: Los Angeles City Council Assumes Jurisdiction Over Autry Renovation
Southwest Museum supporters think efforts were made to keep the Autry’s expansion a secret.
- Los Angeles Daily News: Plan for Autry upsets Southwest’s backers
Looking to ease tensions between backers of two Los Angeles cultural institutions, the City Council delayed a planned renovation of the Autry Museum on Tuesday, requesting a new review of the $6.6 million project.
- Highland Park-Mount Washington Patch: The Southwest Museum Report: The Autry Makes Its Case
Autry Chairman Marshall McKay spoke during yesterday’s Los Angeles City Council Meeting, laying out how the Autry’s expansion of the Griffith Park museum space would benefit Los Angeles.